Hold the burger, not the fries. The fries are always the best part of the meal, right?
Why not have french fries for lunch? Make them healthy, and that oh so popular guilty pleasure becomes a
100% healthy not-so-sinful meal.
Healthy Homemade Sweet Potato French Fries
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon ground parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450.
2. Wash and skin sweet potato.
3. Cut the sweet potato in half (hamburger style). Cut into equal-sized rectangular fries.
4. In a bowl, toss the fries with the olive oil, bread crumbs, cheese, salt, and pepper.
5. Evenly spread the fries out on a large greased cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping the fries after 10 minutes.
7. Broil on high for 3 minutes, keeping the oven door slightly ajar.
View original post 46 more words